- Raw Jack fruit bits – 3 Cups
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or according to your taste
- Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoons (can use green chilly also)
- Meat or Chicken Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 10 numbers
- Garlic paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Big Jeera – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Coconut – 1 cup (Optional)
- Onion – 1 Chopped into fine bits
- Oil – For frying
Steam the Jack fruit with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside. Take 1 table spoon coconut oil and season the onion till the oil shows up and add chilli powder, meat masala, big jeera (if you don’t like the taste of big jeera no need to add, I added it because its good for digestion and prevents gas formation in gut) garlic and curry leaves; if you like can add some green chilli bits too, saute well till it stops sticking to the pan. Add the coconut, mix well and add the jack fruit and stir continuously till the jack fruit gets fully mixed with masala without any water, Be very careful not to burn it; when it’s nice and dry remove from fire and leave it to cool. Taste and see if the salt is ok for you, if not add more.
Take 4 Table spoons of rice flour in a bowel and add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon pepper powder, salt to taste and a little water, mix well and make a semi watery paste.
When the jack fruit mix turns cool, take one handful, make ball and keep aside when you finish making balls with all the jack fruit, heat oil in a pan, dip each ball into the rice flour paste and deep fry it till golden color as shown in picture. Enjoy the yummy vada. If you like, can eat it with some sauce of your choice.
©2018 My Grandmas-Healthy School.com – All Rights Reserved